Welcome to cdgc.net!
The CDGC - Child Development and Guidance Centre - in St. Lucia, West Indies, is a non-profit
organisation caring for special children.
What the CDGC does...
- promotes the right of children to health care and education in a safe, secure and loving environment.
- provides comprehensive, ongoing assessment and diagnosis for all children with physical, mental, emotional or behavioural problems.
- develops, implements and reviews intervention programs geared to the individual needs of each child including Physiotherapy, Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Early Stimulation.
- provides parent support, counselling and training.
- trains volunteers and other persons in the community dealing with these children such as Community Health Aides and Pre-school teachers.
- provides follow up visits to children with special needs within the community accompanied by the community Health Aides whenever possible.
- liases with St. Lucia Blind Welfare Association's Programme for children with multiple disabilities.
- provides individual reports on each assessment for parents and referring professionals.
- keeps up-to-date and easily accessible records and statistics.
The long term goal is to see the CDGC being run by professionals fully supported by the Ministries of Health and Education.